United Way's 2023 Day of Caring is scheduled for Friday, May 12th!
Day of Caring will kick off at 10:00 am, (free breakfast and registration at 9:00 am), and projects onsite will last until 2:00 pm.
Offsite projects will start after kickoff at various locations around Bladen, Hoke, and Robeson Counties and conclude when projects are completed.
(Special Presentation By GRAIL & Miss Plus America 2023- Labecca Lesane)
2023 Day of Caring Sponsors
The following projects are planned for volunteers to participate in and serve.
ONSITE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES (500 Linkhaw Road, Lumberton, NC 28358)
- Blood Drive hosted by The American Red Cross - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (ANYONE CAN VOLUNTEER TO DONATE BLOOD and receive a Free T-Shirt)
- Knit-In event will be stuffing pillows for Breast Cancer patients hosted by NC Cooperative Extension in Bladen, Hoke, and Robeson Counties - 9:00 am - 2:00 pm (UNLIMITED VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THROUGHOUT THE EVENT)
OFFSITE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Adopt-A-Highway (cleaning litter on two miles of Hwy 711 - Pine Log Road to Caton Road) 12 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Born Learning Trail Touch-Ups (Godwin Heights Community Park, Parkview Recreation Center, and North East Park, Lumberton, NC 28358) 6 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Installing Smoke Alarms with American Red Cross in a Lumberton neighborhood 10 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Facility cleaning at Robeson County Humane Society (3180 W 5th St, Lumberton, NC 28358) 10 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Fire Alarm Installations (quick training then walk door to door installing smoke alarms in various neighborhoods) 10 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Organizing Items for McKinney-Vento/PSRC children at Rowland Middle School (408 W Chapel St. Rowland, NC 28383) 15 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Landscaping at Community In Schools of Robeson County (308 5th St. Lumberton, NC 28358) 10 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Exploration Station Beautification Project (104 N Chestnut St., Lumberton, NC 28358) 4 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Sorting and Organizing in a warehouse located at Caring Touch Outreach Center (815 Recreation Center Rd., Maxton, NC 28364)10 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Beautification Project at Rape Crisis Center Office (1603 Godwin Avenue Lumberton, NC 28358) 4 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Canned food drive with City of Lumberton Employees
- Bladen Baptist Association (ramp will be built on site) (137 Mercer Rd. Elizabethtown, NC 28337) 10 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Wilmington Area Rebuilding Ministries, Inc. (WARM) (rehab lower income house) (111 N. Cypress St., Elizabethtown, NC 28337) 15 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Knit-In event will be stuffing pillows for Breast Cancer patients at Bladen County Ag Extension Office (450 Smith Cir # N8, Elizabethtown, NC 28337) UNLIMITED VOLUNTEERS
- Lunch and Mentoring at Southeastern Carolina Crossroads (1086 Susie Sand Hill Rd, Elizabethtown, NC 28337) 20 VOLUNTEERS
- The knit-In event will be stuffing pillows for Breast Cancer patients at Hoke County Ag Extension Office (645 E. Palmer St, Raeford, NC 28376), UNLIMITED VOLUNTEERS
- Beautification Project at Maggie's Outreach Center (733 W. Prospect St. Raeford, NC 28376) 2 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
All volunteers will be invited to the morning of Day of Caring to Lumberton Chevrolet for breakfast and to pick up their Day of Caring tee shirts and supplies. Onsite volunteers will stay at Lumberton Chevrolet to assist with knit-in/ pillow stuffing or donating blood. All other volunteers will travel to the locations listed above to tackle the offsite projects.
As a volunteer, you can guarantee your preferred tee shirt size by registering before Friday, April 21, 2023!
Lumber River United Way's annual Day of Caring is a volunteer event that brings the community together to positively impact the nonprofits and human service providers that help those in need. Volunteers also tackle projects at local schools, churches, and city parks. Day of Caring is held annually on Friday of Mother's Day weekend. 354 volunteers provided 1,166 hours to ensure United Way's 2023 Day of Caring was successful! Projects throughout Bladen, Hoke, and Robeson County provided a value of $37,091.54 in volunteer time.
REGISTRATION FOR THE DAY OF CARING IS OPEN
PLEASE USE THE WEB FORM BELOW TO REGISTER