United Way's 2021 Day of Caring is scheduled for
Friday, May 7th at Lumberton Chevrolet
500 Linkhaw Road, Lumberton, NC 28358.
Day of Caring will kickoff at 10:00am and projects onsite will last until 3:00pm
offsite projects will start after kickoff at various locations around Robeson County and will conclude when projects are completed.
The following projects are planned for volunteers to participate and serve.
ONSITE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES (500 Linkhaw Road, Lumberton, NC 28358)
- Blood Drive hosted by The Blood Connection (ANYONE CAN VOLUNTEER TO DONATE BLOOD) SIGN UP TO DONATE
- Knit-In event hosted by NC Cooperative Extension (offered virtually as well) (VOLUNTEERS NEED TO REGISTER WITH Shea Ann DeJarnette email@example.com)
- Stuff the Truck non-perishable food drive hosted by Robeson County Church & Community Center (VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THROUGHOUT THE EVENT)
- Robeson County Humane Society food and supply drive (VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THROUGHOUT THE EVENT)
OFFSITE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Adopt-A-Highway (cleaning litter on two miles of Hwy 711 - Pine Log Road to Caton Road) hosted by Lumber River United Way (8 - 12 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED)
- Born Learning Trail Installation and park clean-up at Northeast Park (500 Hornets Rd, Lumberton, NC 28358) hosted by Lumber River United Way and the City of Lumberton Parks & Recreation Department (4 - 6 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED)
- Litter clean-up at Alamac Park (1886 Alamac Rd, Lumberton, NC 28358) hosted by Ally Bedell and Robeson County Parks & Recreation (4-6 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED)
- Office painting at CIS of Robeson County office (308 E 5th Street, Lumberton, NC 28358) hosted by Communities in Schools of Robeson County (4 - 6 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED)
- Facility cleaning at Robeson County Humane Society (3180 W 5th St, Lumberton, NC 28358) hosted by Robeson County Humane Society (6 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED)
All volunteers will be invited the morning of Day of Caring to Lumberton Chevrolet for breakfast and to pick up their Day of Caring tee shirt and supplies. Onsite volunteers will stay at Lumberton Chevrolet to assist with knit-in, stuff the truck, or donate blood. All other volunteers will travel to the locations listed above to tackle the offsite projects.
To register as an individual volunteer or a group email Director of Community Impact Tomeika Munn @ firstname.lastname@example.org
As a volunteer, you can guarantee your preferred tee shirt size by registering before Friday, April 16, 2021!
United Way's annual Day of Caring is a volunteer event that brings the community together to create a positive impact on the nonprofits and human service providers that help those in need. Volunteers also tackle projects at local schools, churches and city parks. Day of Caring is held annually on Friday of Mother's Day weekend.
156 volunteers provided 451 hours of service to ensure United Way's 2019 Day of Caring was successful! Projects throughout Robeson County provided a value of $10,909.69 in volunteer time.
PREREGISTRATION FOR DAY OF CARING IS CLOSED
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER PLEASE CONTACT LRUW AT 910-739-4249