United Way's 2023 Day of Caring is scheduled for Friday, May 12th!
Day of Caring will kick off at 10:00 am, (free breakfast and registration at 9:00 am), and projects onsite will last until 2:00 pm.
Offsite projects will start after kickoff at various locations around Bladen, Hoke, and Robeson Counties and will conclude when projects are completed.
Special Guest Appearance by Laura Morgan (Miss Senior America 2021)
2023 Day of Caring Sponsors
The following projects are planned for volunteers to participate in and serve.
ONSITE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES (500 Linkhaw Road, Lumberton, NC 28358)
- Blood Drive hosted by The American Red Cross - 9:00 am - 12:45 pm (ANYONE CAN VOLUNTEER TO DONATE BLOOD)
- Knit-In event hosted by NC Cooperative Extension - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm (VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THROUGHOUT THE EVENT)
OFFSITE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Adopt-A-Highway (cleaning litter on two miles of Hwy 711 - Pine Log Road to Caton Road) 12 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Born Learning Trail Touch-Ups (2300 Walnut Street, Lumberton, NC 28358) 6 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Facility cleaning at Robeson County Humane Society (3180 W 5th St, Lumberton, NC 28358) 6 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Painting, organizing and grounds clean up at Saving Grace Dog Rescue (273 Kenric Drive, Lumberton, NC 28360) 8 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Canned food drive with City of Lumberton Employees
- Lunch and mentoring at Southeastern Carolina Crossroads (1086 Susie Sand Hill Rd, Elizabethtown, NC 28337) 10 VOLUNTEERS
- Drop off knitting, crocheting, and quilting materials at Bladen County Ag Extension Office (450 Smith Cir # N8, Elizabethtown, NC 28337)
- Blood Drive hosted by The Blood Connection at Hoke County Ag Extension Office (645 E. Palmer St, Raeford, NC 28376) - 11:00 am 2:30 pm (ANYONE CAN VOLUNTEER TO DONATE BLOOD) SIGN UP TO DONATE and receive a $20 e gift card when a donation is completed.
- Drop off knitting, crocheting, and quilting materials at Hoke County Ag Extension Office (645 E. Palmer St, Raeford, NC 28376)
All volunteers will be invited to the morning of Day of Caring to Lumberton Chevrolet for breakfast and to pick up their Day of Caring tee shirts and supplies. Onsite volunteers will stay at Lumberton Chevrolet to assist with knit-in in or donating blood. All other volunteers will travel to the locations listed above to tackle the offsite projects.
As a volunteer, you can guarantee your preferred tee shirt size by registering before Friday, April 20, 2023!
United Way's annual Day of Caring is a volunteer event that brings the community together to create a positive impact on the nonprofits and human service providers that help those in need. Volunteers also tackle projects at local schools, churches, and city parks. Day of Caring is held annually on Friday of Mother's Day weekend. 55 volunteers provided 220 hours of service to ensure United Way's 2021 Day of Caring was successful! Projects throughout Robeson County provided a value of $6,278.80 in volunteer time.
REGISTRATION FOR THE DAY OF CARING IS OPEN
PLEASE USE WEB FORM BELOW TO REGISTER